Monday, March 16, 2015

Birthday Cards


I was recently asked to be in charge of making birthday cards for all the ladies in my church. I am thrilled at the idea. This will combine two of my favorite loves in life....card making and serving others! I mean who doesn't love getting a birthday card in the mail. Heck, I love getting any kind of card in the mail!

I would like to be able to tailor make each card to fit the personality of the lady receiving each card. However, I also know this is going to be a big task as there are lots of ladies who will be needing cards. Some months there may only be six or seven and some months there might be twenty! So, I am planning on making lots of birthday cards and trying to stockpile them for times when I need to get a card mailed out, but I haven't felt well enough to be in the craft room. Hopefully I'll be able to send out custom made cards more often than the stockpiled ones!


This week I made a card that would be adorable for a spring birthday. This image is from the Rainy Day digi set at Imagine That...digis by Kris. If you are unfamiliar with Kris and her digi's you need to head over to her site and check them out. She has some of the most adorable images on the internet! Once I colored and cut my image I used the cloudy day embossing folder from Stampin' Up to add some depth to the background. I think it really added to the overall look of the card. I can't wait to send this one out! If you know someone with a springtime birthday you can also head over to my shop and purchase this card, it's sure to bring a smile!

One thing I have learned from being sick is that no matter what is going on in my life there is always someone out there I can serve. I may not be healthy enough to go work at an orphanage in Africa, volunteer at the food bank, or babysit all the kids in the neighborhood, but I can still do my part. I can smile to a stranger in the grocery store, I can give close parking spot to the person behind me, and I can mail a card to someone on their birthday. No matter what life is like for you, I hope you will find someone to serve today. Never forget it's the little things that matter most!

Luvs & Hugs,
Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment