Sunday, September 21, 2014

Busy Weekends

Wow, time has gotten away from me recently! The past two weekends have been crazy busy.

Yesterday I attended the Chiari Walk Across America in support of chiari awareness and research. It was a fun day mingling with fellow chiarians and feeling of their support. The worst part of having an incurable chronic illness is feeling all alone in it. It was nice spending the morning with people who get it! 

For any who are new to my blogs and/or don't know what Chiari is, it is a serious neurological disorder where the bottom of the brain, the cerebellum, descends out of the skull and crowds the spinal cord, putting pressure on both the brain and spine causing many symptoms. Some of the most common symptoms include: sever headaches, vision impairment, hearing loss, ringing in the ears, extreme pain in neck and shoulders, extreme fatigue, and weakness in arms and legs. Chiari has a wide range of diverse symptoms and affects everyone differently. I have personally suffered from this illness for the past 15 years. It is a daily battle! For more information on chiari go to conquerchiari.org

Here are just a few pics from the walk today. 



Now on to cards...

Last week I was out of town to do a workshop for my non-profit organization. The workshop went so well! We had 56 beautiful young ladies join us and make it a huge success. Once we were back home I decided I wanted to send a few thank you cards to my fellow directors. I had a lot of fun making a quick set of cards using Stampin' Up stamp set Oh, Hello. I love the option for variety on this one. You could do it in just about any color and have it look fabulous! 




Thanks for visiting today and I hope your weekends have been a bit more relaxing than mine have been lately!! 

Luvs & Hugs

1 comment:

  1. I had heard of that before but didn't know what it was called. I'm so sorry to hear you have it and have had to suffer with the affects from it. Good for you getting involved in raising awareness. I hope you've made some super close friends thru your bond you share. And those cards are super duper cute Tiff!! Lovely job. Hope you have a wonderful restful week :) xx

    ReplyDelete