Thursday, September 11, 2014

Fall Thanks

I have another Fall card to show you today. I'm using an image from Gerda Steiner Designs. It's September's progressive challenge image of a boy with a cart full of pumpkins.

I loved this image the second I saw it, because it reminded me so much of my childhood. Every year my father would plant a HUGE garden. Since the garden was so big he would give me two rows to plant whatever I wanted. The rule was I had to do all of the work, but in the end I could do whatever I wanted with what I grew. One year I chose to plant pumpkins. I worked hard weeding and watering them. Finally harvest day came. I picked all my beautiful pumpkins, loaded them in a wheelbarrow and pulled them up the driveway next to the sidewalk. Next I dragged a picnic table up and set a few of my best looking pumpkins out on the table. I then held up a poster board sign with crayon writing announcing that the "Best Pumpkins Ever" were now for sale! I don't recall how much money I made, but I sat out there for hours each evening trying to sell pumpkins to passerby's. It is one of my favorite childhood memories of Fall.


Luvs & Hugs

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic memory to have and a lovely card that came from it. Thanks for joining Gerda's September Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany!! Not sure, if you saw the blog post. You won the challenge last month! Please contact me with your choice of 3 digis! Congratulations! Hugs Gerda
    gerda(at)gerdasteinerdesigns.com

    ReplyDelete